Author Sunitha Ashwin
A delicious dish from India!
To make a paste:
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan; add chopped onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes & green chilies, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the flame & allow it to cool.
- Then put these into a mixer grinder, add red chilli powder, vangi bath powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, mustard powder & poppy seeds into it. Grind these into a fine paste & keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan; add fennel seeds, let it spurt.
- Add chopped fenugreek leaves and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste & sauté for a minute.
- Add the fine onion tomato paste & sauté for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the boiled potatoes, salt & sauté for few minutes.
- Add the butter & fresh cream.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
For 2 - 4 Servings:
- Potatoes – 3 medium boiled
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 Tomatoes
- 3 Fenugreek (Methi) Leaves
- 1 bunch ginger garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Green Chillies
- 4 Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 – 1.5 tsp Vangi Bath Powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tsp soaked in hot water for 10mins Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Oil Butter
- 1tsp Fresh Cream
- 1-2 tsp Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste