Chicken Ghee Roast
Author Divya Rani Sanath
Chicken Ghee Roast as the name suggests is laden with pure Ghee. Do not even try to substitute maybe you can reduce the amount of Ghee given in the recipe otherwise the taste will be compromised. Therefore, this is not a dish you can eat on a day to day basis but only when the craving strikes or only when you feel like indulging ! That is my way of thinking and yours could be a lot different, so do according to what your heart says! :-) Nevertheless, the end product is finger licking good! Really! You'd be surprised to know how easy it is to make these two yummy items!This is originally from Kundapur, a small town close to Mangalore.
- 1kg chicken
- 1/2lt curds
- 5tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2tbsp turmeric powder
- 2tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3tbsp lemon juice
- 3tbsp coconut oil
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 2 min.
- Add red chilli power n turmeric powder and fry for half a minute
- Add curds, boil it in high flame for 2 min and then simmer under low flame for 10 min.
- Now add chicken, salt and lemon juice and cook till the gravy dries and coats the chicken well.
The dish could be served vith rotis and rice.