Author Layeeq Sultan & Surovi Dey Dhupar
Simple and delicious.
Clean the fish big pieces and rub it dry, marinated with one teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
Take the good pieces of Fish and clean it with water pat it dry then marinate with salt and turmeric powder. Heat the oil in non stick Kadai and shallow fry the fish. Keep aside the fish pieces.
Put rest of the oil in the Kadai and put the sugar for caramelising and the put the bay leaves and the Jeera to to crackle in oil, grounded paste and also the Garam masala paste with salt and tumeric (salt and tumeric should be added according to one's taste and colour) in the oil.
After the oil comes out from the Masal put the beaten curd or 1 cup of water into it for boiling. Add fish pieces into it for boiling and keep it to shimmer for few minutes.
Serve it with rice.
- Buy 1kg of ruhi fish from the market, its advisable to take 1 kg from big rahu fish weighing 4-5kgs
- One big onion
- one whole garlic
- one piece ginger
- 5-6 hot red chillies for grinding whole Garam Masala(2 cloves,2 long,2 Darchini) to be ground separately
- 2-3 bay leaves
- Salt and turmeric for taste and colour
- One teaspoon of sugar for caramelising
- 1/2 teaspoon of Jeera to sparkle in Oil
- 200gms mustard oil for cooking
- 100gms beaten curd with 2 tablespoon of water (if its not available 1 cup of hot will do but will bring different taste).