Author Anila Varughese & Sarika Pillai
If you're still not a veggie fan, this dish will convince you to become one.
Cut the potatoes and carrots into cubes. Cut the onion into thin long slices. Cut French Beans into Cubes.
Take a cooking vessel put it on the stove and add some oil let it heat and add mustard seeds let it crackle.
Add aniseed, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, whole black pepper, chopped ginger, sliced green chillies and stir for 1 min. Slice onion, stir it till it turns light brown in colour and add all the vegetables into the vessel.
Add 3/4 cup water and salt. Cover the vessel and keep it for boiling on medium flame for about 5 minutes.
Check if the potatoes are cooked then take the lid off and continue to cooked till very little water is left. Then add the coconut milk, stir it and cook on a slow flame for just 2 mins.
Add curry leave and some coconut oil and mix. Serve Hot with Appams.
- Potatoes 3
- Green peas 1/2 Cup
- Carrot (Cut in small cubes) 2
- French beans (Cut into small slits)5
- Green chillies (Cut Into Long slits)3
- Cloves 5
- Aniseed 1tea spoon
- Bay leaf 1 small
- Mustard seeds black 1/2 tea spoon
- Cinnamon Stick 1 inch
- Whole black pepper 5-6
- Ginger , thinly chopped 1 table spoon
- Fresh curry leaves 7-8
- Coconut oil 2table spoon
- Thick coconut milk fresh/canned 1 cup or coconut powder can me mixed with so warm water and it can be used for coconut milk.
- Salt to taste.