- Sally Tyrell trading as Blackbird PR (ABN 35 926 185 664) of 31/367 Collins Street, Melbourne (the Promoter) is responsible for conducting theA Taste of Harmony Competition(the Competition) on behalf of the Trustee for the Scanlon Foundation (ABN 19 623 496 276) (Scanlon Foundation).
- The Promoter will respond to queries, manage the entry and judging processes and award the Competition prize.
- Entry to this Competition is open to those who register or are part of a team that is registered for A Taste of Harmony 2021 during the ‘campaign’ period from Monday 15 February until Friday 26 March 2021. By submitting an entry into the Competition you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions will be deemed invalid.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia who are aged 18 and over. The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or its agencies and companies associated with this Competition are not eligible to enter.
- Each entrant may only enter the Competition once. If you enter more than once, your first entry will be judged and any subsequent entries will be invalid. Any form of automated entry using any other devices or software is invalid.
- Entry is free of charge.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse a person entry to the Competition or to disqualify an entrant who has breached these terms and conditions.
How to Enter the Competition
- Entry to the Competition commences from Monday 15 February and closes at midnight AEDST on26 March 2021 (the Competition Period). To enter the Competition and be eligible to win the prize each entrant must do all of the following:
- register their workplace (or team within their workplace), or be part of a registered team to take part in the “A Taste of Harmony” activity (the Activity) on the A Taste of Harmony Website registration page;
- take part in the Activity between 15 March 2021 and 26 March 2021; and
- In order to participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org and share a photo of yourself at a cultural event you have been to (it could be a wedding, ceremony, travel or other experience) along with a short description about why it’s memorable for you!
- Entrants warrant that they have the permission of their workplace and any colleagues personally identified in the photo and story to submit their names and identities to the Promoter as part of the Competition.
- This Competition is a game of skill only and chance plays no part in determining winners. All valid entries received during the Competition Period will be judged by the Promoter on their originality and creative merit. The information that any entrant provides will be used only for the purposes outlined in these terms and conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Competition can be directed to the Promoter.
- One (1) entrant will be selected as the winner by the Promoter and will be awarded with the following prize:
- One $500 (AU or international equivalent) gift card to the store of their choice
- Ten (10) entrants will be selected as highly commended by the Promoted and will be awarded with a copy of a cook book supplied by the A Taste of Harmony chef ambassadors.
- Each entry will be individually judged on the basis of originality and creativity as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
- The Promoter will announce the winner via theTaste of Harmony Facebook page on Wednesday,31 March 2021 and will send a direct message to the winning entrant via email with the contact details of the Promoter. The entrant gives consent to the use and disclosure of their personal information for these purposes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the identity, age and residency of the winning entrant. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
- If the entrant does not contact the Promoter within two (2) days of the Promoter sending the direct message, the Prize will be forfeited to the next entrant chosen by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. The alternate winner will be sent a direct message with the contact details of the Promoter.
- Each entrant consents to the Promoter and/or Scanlon Foundation using their name, likeness, written entry, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winning entrant (including photograph, electronic publication, printed material, film and/or recording of same) in any media (including social media and the Scanlon Foundation website) in perpetuity without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Taste of Harmony campaign. Each entrant unconditionally, perpetually and irrevocably waives any moral rights (as defined in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) that they have in the entry or content or other intellectual property created as a result of this Competition.
Right to amend
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the Prize. The Promoter will not be responsible if the Prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control. In the event that the Prize, or part of the Prize is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize or part of the Prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Competition if the Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any act, omission, event, circumstances or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter.
Release and Indemnity
- The Promoter excludes all warranties in relation to any Prize, except those that cannot be excluded by law.
- To the extent permitted by law:
- each entrant releases the Promoter and Scanlon Foundation (including each of their officers, employees and agents) and acknowledges that they will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury (including liability in negligence) or any loss of opportunity whether direct, indirect, special or consequential arising in any way out of the entrant’s participation in the Competition or redemption of the Prize.
- Each entrant will indemnify each of the Promoter and Scanlon Foundation (and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents (each an “indemnified person”) for any loss, liability, cost, damage or expense suffered or incurred by any indemnified person as a result of:
- the entrant breaching any of these terms and conditions;
- a warranty given by the entrant proving to be untrue; and
- any personal injury arising from or related to any wrongful or negligent act or omission by the entrant in connection with this Competition.
The entrant’s liability under the indemnity in this clause is reduced proportionately to the extent that the liability is caused or contributed to by the wrongful or negligent act or omission of any indemnified person.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth) 2010, as well as any other implied warranties under any similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories applicable to this Competition.
- The laws of the entrant’s state of residency (in Australia) apply to this Competition to the exclusion of any other law and each entrant submits to its exclusive jurisdiction.